You approach product management with an entrepreneurial lens, and understand how to tailor the scope & rigor of projects to optimize for cost of delay with the need to ship customer value. You think big, you ask a lot of questions and have a bias for action, knowing it improves outcomes for customers. You thrive in a scrappy environment, you value product research, competitive analysis, and direct communication with customers to make informed decisions.
Deliver customer value by crafting solution requirement details that exhibit sound UX design that our engineering teams can confidently build.
Actively support customer needs by working directly with customers and internal teams to monitor feedback channels to triage issues and anticipate customer needs.
Communicate effectively across remote teams to create alignment between design, engineering and stakeholders.
Own feature adoption success by monitoring success metrics, co-creating support documentation, go to market feature messaging and conducting training with internal teams.
Completely own feature initiatives for both web and mobile platforms, from ideation, requirement specifications, planning, through development scope hammering, to launch, and feedback polish cycles.
In the first 90 days, your goal is to lay a good foundation of understanding as to how our product and team work here at Follow Up Boss.
- Why customers hire us: Learn the core needs and problems we solve for our customers as well as what our existing competitors we compete with.
- Team relationships: Get to know the people and teams here at Follow Up Boss. This includes pairing with our Success, Support, and Sales team on customer calls as well as virtually meeting everyone else here.
- Understand how we work: Get to know the processes on how we build product & operationally support it here at Follow Up Boss. This includes working with Success & Support teams in identifying insights and triaging issues as well as working with the Shapeup framework to build, test & deliver Product with Engineering.
- Deliver customer value: Prioritize a core need/problem our customers have and pitch how we might solve it. Demonstrate using Shapeup’s pitch template a clear need/problem to solve that points back to clear insights & research along with solutioning required to get the desired customer outcome.
- Customer bench: Build your bench of trusted customer and internal advisers by actively engaging with them on research insights as well as engaging actively in our ticketing systems to help discover key insights, top issues, and missed opportunities.
- Ownership: At this point, you will be 100% customer focused, in understanding their needs and problems that you can ruthlessly prioritize the path to delivering customer value that maximizes the efforts of our teams for the features you own. This includes feature initiatives for both web and mobile platforms, from ideation, requirement specifications, planning, through development scope hammering, to launch, and feedback polish cycles.